Seeking God’s face
“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray,
and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven,
and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”
I just came out from precinct after voting and left wondering how those politicians will get back the money, effort, and time they spent during the campaign. Will their meager salary suffice to pay for what they spent should they win? In retrospect to previous elections, graft and corruption became popular source funds for election campaign. What a wicked thing to do!
Nevertheless, I did my part, I voted. And it is just one part of the stages in the development of my country. And part of it is to hope and to pray for a brighter future. But does it end here if we are really pushing for our societies’ welfare?
I recall a verse mentioned by former Chief Justice Davide about the conditions given by God found at 2 Chronicles 7:14-22 (NIV) that God’s people should know Him by seeking his face too. But he never really expounded on the meaning of the verse. Generally, you would think that it is just about a change in leadership and a people power in EDSA, where people gather in front of the giant idol. It is definitely more than that, it also encourages and imparts a change of belief, a big shift to a more logical and reasonable paradigm. Letting go of our own understanding and seeking God’s face is the right thing to do to start off because seeking God’s face is seeking His righteousness and His kingdom.
Have we started humbling ourselves so we can see His face? If not, we are just another Juan Tamad, an easy-go-lucky fool, who is hoping and waiting for a guava fruit to fall in his mouth, doing nothing but lie on his back. And the worse is, the fruit can fall and choke him too.
- 30,553 hits
- A Response by IRAL ELMAN to an Idol Worshiper Priest Abe Arganiosa and Sese Baluga of Splendor
- End of the World Predictions and False Doctrines by False Iglesia Chapels – Common Denominator
- Miracle Crusades and The Healing
- Pasig River clean up drive; Bay Area, Coastal Lagoon, Bird Sanctuary Reclamation and Palawan Mining project; PNRC Blood Donation program – What do they have in common?
- Television, Internet and what not: The Gospel of God reaches you
- A Conversation about the New Earth
- A godly neighbor is a blessing from God
- The Caring God
- The Bachelor President of the Philippines, Noynoy Aquino and The Bachelor International Preacher, Bro. Eli
- Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, the moment of truth: to debate or not to debate Bro. Eli on TV
- Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, the moment of truth: to debate or not to debate Bro. Eli on TV
- UPDATE: To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, I dare you to ask Bro. Eli
- To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, I dare you to ask Bro. Eli
- Why Willy Santiago and his cohorts were given to Satan
- An Invitation, listen to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
|A Response by IRAL E… on Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa,…|
|elmantheman on To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the C…|
|elmantheman on Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Cath…|
|elmantheman on Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa,…|
|elmantheman on UPDATE: To Priest Abe Arganios…|