A Berean or A Christian?
“Hey mark la roi, this is an answer to your comment from the website: sfpulpit.com about the apostle nowadays. Well, just to inform you that I met a reader of the bible who has a complete grasp of the scriptures. You want to listen to his discussions? Please visit [removed by mlr]. He is called Brother Eliseo Soriano. He is our presiding minister. we are called members, church of God, International. We affiliated ourselves from the church of God mentioned by Paul in the scriptures.”
So much as the smooth flow of my comments should have been, but since he might have felt rebutting me by interjecting his comment and question as he reads my comments. You will notice his comments in italic form after each paragraph of my comment from his website. Be careful to read it because some of the non italic comments questions are his own click here. But if you cannot find it try my old blog with post entitled What do you stand for?
I hope that Mark is not a member of The Bereans, Apologetics Research Ministry. I am just sadden on how they placed the title of our tv and radio program, Ang Dating Daan as one of the local cults of christianity. But my brothers, one thing I am proud to say, if one is really a reader of the bible, who thinks logical and biblical, they would know that Ang Dating Daan is a truth caster!
This is some of what they said:
1. Do not witness with an ADD member unless you yourself are grounded in the orthodox faith of the Scripture.
2. Always say “you” and not “your group” to avoid him/her from thinking that you are attacking their “church.”
3. Know what they believe so that the person will not think that you are ignorant of their teaching. From my many years of experience, a number of cultist tend to lend a listening ear when I tell them that I usually encounters inconsistencies in their groups doctrines when it does not square with the teachings of the Bible. This becomes my springboard to an open discussion.
4. Focus on one subject at a time like about “God,” “salvation,” and “full deity and humanity of Christ.” They have the tendency to jump from one topic to another.
5. If possible, have someone intercede for you while you discuss with them or you can pray and listen at the same time while they are talking so the Holy Spirit would move on your behalf. Always remember, you cannot convert a cultist in just one sitting but you can “plant a seed of doubt” while some Christians pours the “water” next time knowing that someday God will make that seed grow and cause that person to be saved.
See my brethren, the evil spirits are scared of us and of our God! I find these self professed bereans, as they call themselves, very ridiculous, comparing themselves with the Bereans from the bible. Maybe they are bereans but not the Bereans who were converted to Christianity. A Berean in the bible is what you call the people who live in Berea. They were described in the bible as a group of people who received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true. While those Bereans who went further to the next step of their study habits, those who believed and were baptised in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost were now called Christians. Being a Berean alone is different from being a Christian my friend. As Christians, we went through the process to become one. We study and keep on studying and following all the commandments of Jesus which He received from God, whatsoever he commanded! Would you opt to remain as a Berean per se, that learned of the Truth but never really believed, or a Christian that continues to learn and bears fruit?
2 Timothy 3:
1But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, 4 traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! 6 For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts,
7 always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8 Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith; 9 but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.
10 But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance, 11 persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra—what persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me. 12 Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.
13 But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them, 15 and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. 16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.
9After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.
10And they cried out in a loud voice:
“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”
11All the angels were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures. They fell down on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, 12saying:
Praise and glory
and wisdom and thanks and honor
and power and strength
be to our God for ever and ever.
- 30,425 hits
- A Response by IRAL ELMAN to an Idol Worshiper Priest Abe Arganiosa and Sese Baluga of Splendor
- End of the World Predictions and False Doctrines by False Iglesia Chapels – Common Denominator
- Miracle Crusades and The Healing
- Pasig River clean up drive; Bay Area, Coastal Lagoon, Bird Sanctuary Reclamation and Palawan Mining project; PNRC Blood Donation program – What do they have in common?
- Television, Internet and what not: The Gospel of God reaches you
- A Conversation about the New Earth
- A godly neighbor is a blessing from God
- The Caring God
- The Bachelor President of the Philippines, Noynoy Aquino and The Bachelor International Preacher, Bro. Eli
- Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, the moment of truth: to debate or not to debate Bro. Eli on TV
- Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, the moment of truth: to debate or not to debate Bro. Eli on TV
- UPDATE: To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, I dare you to ask Bro. Eli
- To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, I dare you to ask Bro. Eli
- Why Willy Santiago and his cohorts were given to Satan
- An Invitation, listen to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
|A Response by IRAL E… on Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa,…|
|elmantheman on To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the C…|
|elmantheman on Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Cath…|
|elmantheman on Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa,…|
|elmantheman on UPDATE: To Priest Abe Arganios…|