Idolatry and idols
Well, thank you Servitus for your fair observation. But let me just add to your point that really, worshipping statues and graven images or idols are just one of the many examples of idolatry. Other examples are found in Colossians 3:5 …belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.
But let me just point out to you too that it is not only the worshipping that is prohibited by God but also the making of these idols and graven images! Haven’t you read my whole post? Thank God, there are still Christians that do not belong to those that worship in vain, neither are wanting (lacking) in knowledge of the “God” they worship!
Your suggestion of not criticizing but rather asking is not in conformity with what the bible says about such topic. Though the people who have materialistic point of view might agree with you but in the past dispensation of the Apostles, even Jesus Christ, they did their best to criticize the way of the priests, but the latter, instead of listening, they did not and their hearts were hardened.
If we are just learned of the teachings of Jesus Christ, we would destroy those idols, in reference to a part of my post. You can try to read it above. The verse can easily be understood. But those who earn money for it, or who wash their guilt in front of these idols, have hardened their hearts.
Servitus, I hope you shall be blessed by God with “grace”, too (Ephesians 1:2). Because even St. Paul finds it difficult to express and explain how blessed he is to receive grace and be given wisdom and understanding of the Word and becoming a true servant of God, amidsts the wolves-in-sheep-clothing.
Ephesians 1:3 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ. 4For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— 6to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
7In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace 8that he lavished on us with all wisdom and understanding.
9And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ, 10to be put into effect when the times will have reached their fulfillment—to bring all things in heaven and on earth together under one head, even Christ.
11In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will, 12in order that we, who were the first to hope in Christ, might be for the praise of his glory. 13And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, 14who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God’s possession—to the praise of his glory.
15For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16I have not stopped giving thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers. 17I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
18I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 19and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, 20which he exerted in Christ when he raised him from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, 21far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every title that can be given, not only in the present age but also in the one to come. 22And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him to be head over everything for the church, 23which is his body, the fullness of him who fills everything in every way.
There are a lot of verses that I mentioned from my previous posts related to this one. I learned them all by listening and searching. Thank God for his grace, my eyes can see.
- 30,554 hits
- A Response by IRAL ELMAN to an Idol Worshiper Priest Abe Arganiosa and Sese Baluga of Splendor
- End of the World Predictions and False Doctrines by False Iglesia Chapels – Common Denominator
- Miracle Crusades and The Healing
- Pasig River clean up drive; Bay Area, Coastal Lagoon, Bird Sanctuary Reclamation and Palawan Mining project; PNRC Blood Donation program – What do they have in common?
- Television, Internet and what not: The Gospel of God reaches you
- A Conversation about the New Earth
- A godly neighbor is a blessing from God
- The Caring God
- The Bachelor President of the Philippines, Noynoy Aquino and The Bachelor International Preacher, Bro. Eli
- Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, the moment of truth: to debate or not to debate Bro. Eli on TV
- Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, the moment of truth: to debate or not to debate Bro. Eli on TV
- UPDATE: To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, I dare you to ask Bro. Eli
- To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Catholic Defender of Idol Worship, I dare you to ask Bro. Eli
- Why Willy Santiago and his cohorts were given to Satan
- An Invitation, listen to the Gospel of Jesus Christ
|A Response by IRAL E… on Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa,…|
|elmantheman on To Priest Abe Arganiosa, the C…|
|elmantheman on Priest Abe Arganiosa, the Cath…|
|elmantheman on Part II Priest Abe Arganiosa,…|
|elmantheman on UPDATE: To Priest Abe Arganios…|